My Travel Map

My Travel Map

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

DC Restaurant Guide: Georgetown

Lonely Planet's travel list for 2015 ranks DC in #1. For American this is not a surprise. DC is already a very popular destination in the US. 

When I first lived in DC I wasn't impressed specially because I was coming from a big city, Chicago. But since then the city is developing a lot and in a fast pace. New construction and new businesses are blooming almost everywhere. NY Times wrote an article about it recently.

It's exciting for me to live in a city that is changing dramatically. 

In the follow weeks I'll share my food knowledge about DC with you guys. I'll organize my tips by city's area (you can also check my tips about free things to do here).

If you are up for something simple but delicious and you are on a tight budget, a banh mi is a good option. 
This Vietnamese is a bit far from the Georgetown's main street but it's on your way to the Dumbarton Oaks (no admission fee). 
Everything is fresh and tasty. There are few seats inside but there is a small backyard with more tables.


This Austrian place is my favorite spot for brunch or pastries in Georgetown. The brunch menu is terrific. During the weekends is always busy. Book in advance.


It's a Polish deli that serves enormous sandwiches filled with the finest and freshest ingredients. One sandwich can feed 2 people. No kidding! 




No comments:

Post a Comment