My Travel Map

My Travel Map

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Florida Keys

Some time ago we went to the Keys in order to avoid the freezing weather in the Midwest.
Bahia Honda Park

We flew to Miami and there, we rented a car to go to the Keys. It's a nice but not long drive.
Our hotel, Dove Creek Lodge Ascend Collection, was located in a quiet area with a beautiful front sea view. We could enjoy our breakfast in a balcony with great views. I highly recommend it.
Hotel 

We drove along the Keys and visited national and state parks. 
Some of the parks have a beach area and they rent kayaks. There are also several treks. It's a way to exercise and at same time to explore and enjoy more. I'm a huge fan of the National Parks. The best idea ever! 

Keys

Keys

Keys

Biscayne National Park 
Key West

Key West
During these days We didn't find great seafood, I'm not a fan of deep fried or sauces. I prefer natural flavors. Maybe it has something to do with the place where I came from, it's hard to have fresh and perfectly cooked fish like in Portugal - my country.
Although, on our way back to Miami, we had great BBQ, in Shiver's.
Everglades NP is a must see. We couldn't miss this opportunity to visit it. It's gorgeous, very scenic and lots of fauna: birds, alligators and turtles... Btw, I saved some turtles from being run over. 

Everglades NP
Everglades NP

Everglades NP

No comments:

Post a Comment